04 December 2009

Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty...


Have you ever been owned by a cat? (Humans do not "own" the beasts) A cat only allows you to bask in the gloriousness of it's presence. We have always had a variety of pets. Currently we have 4 cats (to match the 4 daughters :o) and one corn snake for the 5th daughter-habitating with us. More on the different types of cat personalities at a future time.

Now, you'd think our cats would be more grateful considering we saved them from a garbage bag thrown away at the dump, but NOOOOO, they are constantly bringing us mere mortals the mice they find so they can "teach" us how to catch our food. (I think they're severely disappointed in our abilities to hunt and gather!)

They also chase each other down the hall, across the living room, up the stairs, down the hall and then back down again. Always at about 0300 (3am)! We have started calling this phenomenon "The Kitty 500".

They also want to lay on your chest while you are trying to sleep, chew on your hair to wake you up, yowl loudly when you do not pay enough attention and if you do not clean out their bathroom "Facilities" often enough they punish you by finding your most cherished clothing to "Christen" it or make mincemeat out of your carpet, minutes before company arrives.

Ah the joys of being owned by a Cat. I think it's time to adopt a rottweiler. What do you think? :o)

QOTD: "When I play with my cat, who knows whether she isn't amusing herself more with me than I am with her?" Michel de Montaigne (1533-1592) Essais (1580)

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, cats. I love them. Dogs...not so much. But I do appreciate them.

    I just wish my husband would let me have a cat in the house. I love to have a cat sleeping with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never owned a pet after my dad died when I was 7. I am NOT responsible enough to be a pet owner and am barely figuring out how to be a good mom after 18 years of being one. I think I get owned by my kids alot = )

    May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Who - One of our cats sleeps on my feet at night and keeps them warm! :)

    May - Pets teach responsibility to kids. But a normal sane family usually starts off with just ONE pet. We ended up with 4 kittens at the same time and the snake came later.

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.