16 April 2010

Ah, I Can Truly Appreciate This Some Days...

A long time ago, my friend Jan sent me an email with the following story. When I'm having a particularly bad day with the kids (or bad week in this case), I pull it out for a little chuckle...
An old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home.
He followed me into the house, down the hall, and fell asleep in a corner.
An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.
The next day he was back, resumed his position in the hall, and slept for an hour.  This continued for several weeks.
Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: "Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."
The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to his collar: "He lives in a home with ten children -- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"
QOTD: "Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap." Barbara Jordan (1936-) US Attorney quoting Robert Fulghum in 1987 at Middlebury College

3 comments:

  1. Have to laugh. Our old dog did not like it when we used our air compressor with tools......SHE HATED IT. One day, we were doing a project and couldn't find her. She left home, went like two miles away to a random persons house (in the very rich neighborhood)and went to sleep on their porch. When they realized she was there, they looked at her tag and called us. She must have crossed two major roads.......she did this one time before (she went to Walmarts) and we finally realized why...the air tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahahahah! That literally made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...bad kids can be like bad golf. Well, not really, but it's the tangent I choose to wobble obliquely off on. Great for a laugh (your remedy).

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.