14 February 2011

A Not So Famous Love Letter To My Husband...

Happy Valentine's Day to the only man who can make me laugh... even when we are bailing water out of a leaky boat... with a teaspoon.  

The only man who can bring to me the warmth of the sun within him, to warm and light our way even in the coldest and darkest of times.

There is no more honorable man I could ever be more proud of.  

There is no friendship I value more, with a bond of depth and strength, that could only have been forged by who and what you are.

I am humbled by the gift of your love that has become my rock.  

You inspire me daily to want to strive harder, to be worthy of, and return to you, all that you have given to me and more.
For it is YOU who taught my heart to beat.  

You who taught my love to shine.  

You who taught me how to accept that which could not be changed and then attempt to turn it into something that could bring peace, not despair. 

You have taught me how to fill my life with what could be, not with what has already past by.  

You have given me the strength to endure and to keep anchored all that we have been blessed with.  

Your love has given me wings to fly and then encouraged me to use them... often.

I can no longer imagine a world without you in it. 

When my life is done, I want to able to look back and know that I will have given to you, everything that was within me.

I Love You.

8 comments:

  1. That letter makes me proud to know you and my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once wrote Pam a love letter. Actually I wrote her many love letters in our younger days.

    I once wrote, "You make great casseroles." Well, it was something like that.

    The response was not very positive, so I just quit writing love letters. She seems to be happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.hopefulparents.org/blog/2011/2/11/asd-and-ptsd.html

    Not just military spouses. 1/100 parents have a child with autism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote and rewrote the post many times... but I thought the link was very important. We are lucky that on the behaviour front we live in a "calm" world compared to most... not including that lovely meltdown on the highway yesterday over spilled juice, pulling over, new clothes, barely verbal child...

    We are lucky that right now - unlike last year - my children are both in safe classrooms, good teachers, doing well.

    But, it never goes away... in Oct my Dr told me that the reason I felt "calm" was b/c my stress level has been too high, too long that it was my "normal"...

    "Normal"... but I always remember one thing... good people, much stronger than I... have it much, much worse... http://susansenator.com/blog/ and http://severedisabilitykid.blogspot.com/ So I suck it up and remember my mantra...

    We live WITH autism... not for IT.

    Tonight I'm staying up to 10pm, unlike falling asleep at 8:30 again... once the storms stop I'm off to see the internal meds Dr... It's time to suck it up and get some bp meds.

    Eldest got a B+ average on this report card. Took to Gr 6, but academically we've caught up. Socially... we're getting there.

    Now... about the autistic one... doing well... but will never be without care...

    May you return to feeling well soon... just remember "life sucks on a good day... it's the truly sh*ty ones you have to look out for".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemony, this was beautiful. <3 Your DH is a blessed man.

    You've got a blog award over at my blog. When you have a minute, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful post. Your husband is one lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Commenting on Nessie. LemonLady, I truly understand. I haven't dealt with it myself, thank God, but my beloved wife, and my beloved Grandma did.

    It's hell. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Get better, my friend. For what good my prayers are these days, you've got them. I mean it.

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.