11 June 2012

Humor To Lighten The Load...

I'm not doing 'serious' today, therefore I look to the wisdom of children. (I remember I was thinking of Mrs. Who when I first read these.) Can't remember where or when I came across this, but it's perfect for a day like today.  :)
Kids are pretty smart. Who said children are getting dumber every year? Check out the wisecracks below (along with the person in my family it most closely reminds me of) and judge for yourselves:

TEACHER: How old were you on your last birthday?
STUDENT: Seven.
TEACHER: How old will you be on your next birthday?
STUDENT: Nine.
TEACHER: That's impossible.
STUDENT: No, it isn't, Teacher. I'm eight today.  (Nicole)

TEACHER: George, go to the map and find North America.
GEORGE: Here it is!
TEACHER: Correct. Now, class, who discovered America?
CLASS: George! (Danielle)
TEACHER: Willy, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.
WILLY: Me! (Danielle)

TEACHER: Tommy, why do you always get so dirty?
TOMMY: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground then you are. (I can soooo see my husband saying this as a kid!  It reminds me of his manners...)  :)

TEACHER: Why are you late?
WEBSTER: Because of the sign.
TEACHER: What sign?
WEBSTER: The one that says, "School Ahead, Go Slow." (Nina)

SILVIA: Dad, can you write in the dark?
FATHER: I think so. What do you want me to write?
SYLVIA: Your name on this report card. (This sounds a lot like Rachel) :)
TEACHER: In this box, I have a 10-foot snake.
SAMMY: You can't fool me, Teacher...snakes don't have feet. (Erin)
TEACHER: How can you prevent diseases caused by biting insects?
JOSE: Don't bite any. (This would be my husband's reply)

TEACHER: Ellen, give me a sentence starting with "I".
ELLEN: I is...
TEACHER: No, Ellen. Always say, "I am."
ELLEN: All right... "I am the ninth letter of the alphabet." (This would again be Rachel... I love her memorable 'lovely semi-colon'.)

MOTHER: Why on earth did you swallow the money I gave you?
JUNIOR: You said it was my lunch money. (Erin)

TEACHER: If I had seven oranges in one hand and eight oranges in the other,what would I have?
CLASS COMEDIAN: Big hands! (This would be Nina)

I have now officially lost track of the amount of emergencies and adventures this family has had since my husband deployed (most of which will never grace this blog).  I'm beginning to feel hunted.  Now if you just can't stand not being a rubbernecker at the scene of the accident, look below the fold line, but I'll tell everyone else that if you want a safe car... get a Sonata! This is the third (and final) hit this car has taken since October 2011 and we all walked away just a little dinged (Nina, Erin and I).  As you can see from these pictures and the ones taken in October, this car has now saved five of our family member's lives. The second hit was a hit and run the week after my husband left... along with all three cars dying that same week of mechanical failures. After a very LONG list of life events that you never expected, you can see why I'd rather listen to the kids.  :)



Being hit by a 1999 Pontiac Mountaineer SUV doing about 40-45 mph while I was stopped and waiting for a car in front of me to make a left hand turn, felt like getting hit with a baseball bat. Turning around and seeing our youngest daughter sitting in front of a ripped out rear window covered in glass was a scare I don't care to repeat... EVER!
I hope everyone can see that despite the outside damage, the basic interior cage frame is still intact! (and YES, we were all wearing our seat belts)

I don't normally sit up this high because I'm short, but it's almost the only way to see out the rear window now.

Did I mention we were going to RI for the weekend?  There is still stuff stuck within the wreckage.

Not sure you can tell where the passenger cage begins.  That would be right in back of the seat.

Not sure what I'm looking at except mangled metal.





12 comments:

  1. Whoa...that was one nasty wreck...very glad the cage held up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the injuries were minor. Now we'll all send good vibes your way so this stuff stops happening to you!!! Holy cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eldest daughter reminded me that we have now completely run through the list of possible family members who have yet to magnetically attract bad karma. I wish I could be as optomistic as her at the moment, but all I really want (besides my husband home) is a nice piece of pumpkin cheesecake. (It's on my shopping list) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasted no time in linking these student/teacher classics: http://bobagard.blogspot.com/2012/06/can-you-write-in-dark.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy toledo! I'm glad you're all OK.

    Maybe you've front-loaded all the deployment drama? Let us hope. Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that everybody (except thte car) is OK! please be careful - ALL of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bob - Glad you like it.

    Bette - Front-loaded, huh? That kind of sounds like paying it forward and that would work for me right now.

    Christie - I am looking for another Sonata. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly, that was a horrific wreck. I'm so glad everyone's all right! Sonata, you say? My husband's car is on its last legs now that it's 12 years old. He needs a safe car, the way he drives. We'll definitely look at Sonatas when we're ready to shop. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness!
    so glad you're all ok.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops... hit my enter key prematurely. I'm W!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait, wRitErsbLock. If you and I both read this blog, I can't help wondering: WHO is Lemonade Stand?

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHO is Lemonade Stand?

    I ask myself that question everyday. Welcome to my world Katie B. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.