06 June 2012

The Lemon Stand Household A New Reality Show?

Rachel, "We really should have our own reality show. We're much more interesting than any of the other reality shows on TV."

Me, "We're really not all that funny"

Rachel, "Well, I think I'm funny."

She does have a point, I must admit.  She truly has inherited her father's dry sense of humor along with her own style of wit.  (Examples can be found here, here and here.)

As I'm typing this, I am now remembering the numerous amount of times when I have had to ask myself, "Just where does she come up with these things?" (not to be confused with the, "Just where does he come up with these things?" question) The answer, of course, is not far behind the question... her father has a twisted sense of humor and I've come to the conclusion that he is to blame not only for her genes, but also training her to be the perfect straight man to his warped wit. The speed at which these two can play off each other is truly dizzying at times... and most of the time... they are immensely funny.  So I want to be a fly on the wall when she asks her father to get on board with her idea.

QOTD: "I have a very firm grasp on reality!  I can reach out and strangle it at any time!" Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. LOVED your quote of the day...it is only 8:15 here and I am already reaching out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many sources of quotations that I usually find one that 'fits' my mood and my post. That one grabbed me by the neck and shook... vigorously! :) Glad you liked it too! (loved the 'already reaching'. I had to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, I wish I had the thumbs up button on your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.