12 November 2010

The Turkey... A Remembrance...

I often find scraps of paper I've used to write down snippets of conversation I want to blog about. This is one example from Thanksgiving. (If you want something in a timely manner around here, I'm afraid you'll have to get yourself a timex) :p
Husband: "Do we want a fresh turkey from Deimond Farm or from the grocery store?"
Me: "I'd prefer the fresh turkey if we can afford it. Free range, grain fed turkeys are expensive, but worth it." 
Husband: "Fed a macrobiotic diet, massaged daily by geishas and taken thru an in-depth grief councelling process before being gently snuffed as the moon rises and the fog sets in. And there are usually crickets chirping in the barnyard."
Me: **silence**
Husband: "I shouldn't mention that the turkeys are so calm that they spend the night on the block?"
Me: "Only you could come up with PR like that!"
Husband: "Fresh turkey it is then."
QOTD: "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." ~ George S. Patton

2 comments:

  1. I might not mind cooking so much if my husband kept me entertained like that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my husband has his moments... I think I'll keep him. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.