08 February 2017

The Little Engine That Could

   I've always loved the story of The Little Engine That Could.  

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I know I can."

   It is a lesson I think too many adults forget.  Recently I was asked to teach a beginners quilt class and since I have never taken a quilt class, I went online to find some inspiration for beginning quilters.  What I found was rather discouraging if you have never picked up a sewing needle in your life which is where I was focusing this class.

   So many people have told me they couldn't possibly learn how to quilt, or they don't have the money for supplies or a sewing machine but I knew it could be done anyway because when I first started I didn't know anything and I was dead broke.  People learned to quilt long before sewing machines and rotary cutters.

  Since my class is taught every Monday, I have been trying to get a blog post on a new blog to accommodate the lessons for those who could not be at the class every week.  Life happens.  I also wanted to be able to put smaller projects on that blog as well because sometimes a big project is just too overwhelming for a beginner.

   I figure one block a month could be the perfect way to accomplish all my goals.  A single block could be used as a hot pad or wall hanging. Several could be made into a table runner.  I few more and a lap or baby quilt.  


   It just reminds me that anyone can eat an entire bear... one small bite at a time. (unless it's made of chocolate and then all bets are off... just sayin')

PS The journey starts at A Little Zakka...

QOTD: "You will never be like the 'Little Engine That Could' if you sit around on your caboose." ~ Les Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.