03 February 2010

The Senility Prayer...

"Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference..."

The Casa de Lemon Stand household has been going through some growing pains.  I am spending a lot of time with the girls during the transition from young adults to responsible adults.  I feel like they need the one on one time desperately even though they are doing everything within their power to push all of my buttons... at the same time.  All of them... At.The.Same.Time

Our dinner conversations that are normally humorous and laid back are now constantly strained.  I told my husband that it is time to do something different.  Something fun.  Now the problem is to find the WHAT

I think I am going to start a list of possibilities.  Yeah, my mind is drawing a blank at the moment (except possibly wishing for early onset senility) but I refuse to continue in a house where I am constantly requesting someone to retract their claws.  (And I don't mean the feline variety!)  Lately it has felt like a carnival ride in a hormonal house of horrors!  (that senility thing is really looking like a great idea for a new life goal at the moment)

Maybe a family outing in the front yard to duplicate some of these classic snow men...  Then I'd want to sit out there and take pictures of the expressions on the faces of the commuters that go by.   :O)  The kids and I really need something silly and light hearted so I think this will be perfect.  We just have to wait for the next snow storm...

  






Personally?  I like the Shark the best but the top one has real potential in our yard...  Next snow storm...  Pictures to follow...

QOTD: "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today... It is already tomorrow in Australia."  ~ Charles Schultz, American Cartoonist

8 Intelligent Comments: