11 October 2010

A Shoebox In The Guggenheim And The Little Green Monster...



Rachel had to do a school project that included having to create a diorama in a shoebox. Like so many other things of an artistic nature, she just 'threw it together'. After the project had been graded, her shoebox came home and ended up on the back of one of our benches in the kitchen.

My husband was looking at it this morning and disgustedly said, "I always hated those teachers who made you make things like dioramas and 3D islands. But I REALLY hated the artistic classmates who could effortlessly throw those projects together and they'd look realistic."

He nodded towards Rachel's creation and said, "Mine was never identifiable and it always looked like a two year old had made it after hours of excruciatingly hard work, while Rachel works on her projects for a couple of minutes and it looks like it should be in the Guggenheim."

I had to laugh and thought to myself that at least my husband knew what the Guggenheim WAS. He clearly was hiding a little green monster called, 'Envy'.   :o)

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made for this blog. I Nice pictures...Really like this..
    I have added your blog to My Blog Roll at http:// satellitesnews.blogspot.com. So would you put my blog too; our visitors can get relative and useful information form your site.
    I will hope you would add my blog.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel's diorama rocks! I could never throw something together so effortlessly like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son would agree with your DH on this one. Takes way to much time to make something that looks like a 2-year old made it. What a wonderful talent your daughter has! I take it she got it from you then? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I would like to thank you for the hard work you have made for this blog. I truly like this..
    I have added your blog to My Blog---Friends Blog area
    http://auto-transports.blogspot.com/. So would
    You put my blog as well; our visitors can get virtual and useful information from your site.
    I will hope you will add my blog.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really her diorama is good looking.i need to appreciate her hardworking showed on diorama.surely her hardworking will be appreciated on one day don't want to feel for it.I loved your blog so i have added your blog to my impressive blog list at http://auditions-for-all.blogspot.com/
    So would you put my blog too, on you...

    you can get healthy traffic from us and our visitors can get relative and useful information form your site.

    Hope you would add my blog.
    Thanks a lot.Keep blogging....

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.