12 November 2011

Santa Clause Might Want To Rethink Stopping At Our House...

There are days when I feel like I'm living in a holiday diorama.  Already. Complete with fake cheer.  Well, I needed some real cheer, a little laughter and a bright light today, all of which Rachel has in spades. This memory is special to me and always gives me chuckle even when I don't want to laugh. This and Pumpkin Cheesecake? I'm set and good to go.  Bring on the wonder:
My conversation with Rachel yesterday...
Rachel, "How does Santa get to everyone's house in one night?" (She already knows the answer, but of course, she is leading me up the primrose path...)

Me, "It's magic."

Rachel, "How does he know what you want? If he knows that much about you, he must be stalking you. Why don't the police ever arrest him for stalking? And how come he never gets arrested for breaking and entering? And for that matter, he doesn't ever seem to get caught for stealing cookies either. Why doesn't he ever have to pay for his crimes?"

Me, "Huh.... You know you really know how to kill the Christmas Spirit?"
Rachel, "Don't worry Mom, it's only November. There's plenty of time to get it back. Still, I think Santa should at least be reported to the SPCA or PETA. Just look at the amount of fur he wears on his clothing and how he forces the reindeer to work more than an eight hour shift. And really... we should sic the fashion police on him. Sheesh, everyone knows that red is NOT a suitable color for a guy that large!"
Guess it's time to cancel Christmas at our house...
QOTD: "After today, I'll bet Santa takes a shovel to the reindeer stalls to fill your stocking." Bill Watterson (1958-) American Author of the comic strip Calvin Hobbs
The memory originally posted 2 October, 2007.

4 comments:

  1. Tis' the season... I figure Target has been playing Christmas music since before Halloween... It's not too soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the season...not yet! Let Thanksgiving happen already!

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.