25 February 2010

What's For Dinner?

This question usually comes up when I am in the middle of something or when I have totally forgotten to take something out of the freezer for dinner. So the conversation goes something like this:
Me: "Food"
Kids: "What kind of food?"
Me: "Edible food?"
Kids: "What kind of edible food?"
Me: "Tasty edible food?"
Kids: "Ok......what KIND of tasty edible food?"
Sense a trend here? I'm either struggling to finish something up or struggling to think of what is in the pantry that I can throw together. In either case I feel like I'm gasping for air.

When the kids were younger I could talk them into forgetting what they asked in the first place. Now I'M the one left wondering what the question was.

To cheer myself up about this matter, I have started asking myself what each of my offspring would serve me if they lived on their own and I came to thier house for dinner? At the moment I would opt for Erin because I'm pretty sure she would be serving hot dogs....
QOTD: "Ask a child what they want for dinner only if they are buying." Fran Lebowitz (1958-)

8 Intelligent Comments: