24 November 2010

There Really Are Only Two Words You Need To Know For Thanskgiving...

Pumpkin Cheesecake.  Ok.  "Thank You" probably should be first.  So.  'Thank You for all my blessings.' (yes, I know that was SIX words, but the TWO words screaming in my head are 'Pumpkin Cheesecake'... I know, I'm very ungrateful and shallow... I can't help it)  

How about I just say, 'Thank You.  Pumpkin Cheesecake.'No?  That still sounds ungrateful.  (and it's FOUR words, I know)

How about, 'Thank You for the Pumpkin Cheesecake.'?  That's still six words, but 'Pumpkin.Cheesecake.' is still is echoing in my head...

How about, 'Thank You For All My Blessings... Including the Pumpkin Cheesecake... from the Cheesecake Factory.'?  Sigh.  I know.  I'm a lowly human being... who is craving 'Pumpkin Cheesecake'...  'From the Cheesecake Factory.'  But I can live with my shortcomings when it's softened with the taste of Nirvana...  Believe me, I'll be thinking of all the OTHER things I am thankful for tomorrow... with every bite... of Pumpkin Cheesecake...

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good night... (with dreams of Pumpkin Cheesecake rattling in your brains...)  You're Welcome.  (THAT'S two words... just sayin'...)

PS... Warning: Seriously.  I wish for every family and friend to be blessed with the kind of Thanksgiving I had as a kid.  The kind that Cricket and Porcupine described SOOOO much better than anything I could describe using the English Language as I know it.  Please drop by and read his post 'Thanksgiving Comes First'. 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving; hope y'all have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon Stand, a very happy, and blessed Thanksgiving to you, and all of yours!

    I'm getting on up in years now, and thought I had eaten just about everything. But, I had NEVER eaten a pumpkin cheesecake...until about 6 months ago.

    My younger brother's new wife (who once managed a bakery) baked, and brought one to a family gathering.

    It was to die for.

    No, it was to kill for...

    So, I know of what you speak. Glad you enjoyed Cricket's piece. He breaks off some good ones. Sometimes he drives me nuts (nyuk), but I read EVERY word he writes...a unique talent, and a VERY fine man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! And I wish I could be hidden at the dinner table as the conversation goes on!

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.