19 August 2011

Surgery, Icebergs And Dreams of Alaskan Grandeur...

Why, yes.  I'm still alive... why do you ask?  OK.  I left the world to it's own devices for a few months and just look at how civilization as we know it took a nose dive!

Still, I was reminded today that whenever I feel good enough, I should "seize the day" and wring every last drop of life from it.  Which is one of the reasons why I have NOT been sitting in front of my computer lately, tapping out blog posts.

The other reason would be medicinal in nature.  Which, believe me, when you have a severely herniated disc in your lower back, pressing hard against your spinal cord and sciatic nerve, is definitely called for in quantities that are best left for worse case scenarios.  I meant the large quantities of the "medicinal part".

Have I mentioned that I have grown an aversion to drills lately? Not all drills, mind you.  Just the kind doctors use to drill through bones with.

Surgery and assorted mishaps aside, I have found pain medication gives my unfortunate stomach the side effect of nausea when trying to look at any kind of screen...  Even for short periods of time.  So this will be short as I can already feel lunch rebelling.  I guess I really 'don't' have time to type about the Iceberg story or even about my husband's dreams of Alaskan Grandeur.

For now, I'm feeling better, nobody has burned down the house (although a fan did mysteriously fall out the second floor window... at least it wasn't the air conditioner again... honest... it really was just a fan and it really wasn't my fault... again) and the husband is home from a trip to Alaska.  So for now?  Life is good!

14 comments:

  1. Feel better! I've missed you, but I fully support the living of life. I just hope that there will be less icky pain and nausea included in that for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lemonstand!

    Back problems are the pits, for sure. Never had them, but my wife has...nothing requiring drills & screws...but I know how debilitating the pain (and from others, how the surgery) can be.

    Be healed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody gets their turn to feel the pits of life... ya just gotta learn how to aim well whilst using them for target practice. Or wait for your enemies to get close enough to enjoy your 'second breakfast'... and no, you can blame 'that' quote on one of our family members ... I swear, they get more and more like their father every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to want to go on a cruise ship to Alaska and then I watched "Titanic" and "Jaws" back to back.
    Don't wanna go anymore.

    I hope your back is 110% better soonest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owy for your back. Having mild arthitis in mine, I can't imagine what you are going through... Just happy to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hate to hear of your pain...hope something works out for you soon.

    As for the computer screen, get some sheets of different colored transparent plastic (like folder dividers). Just cover the screen with the sheet and see if one of the colors will work for you. We use this occasionally in the classroom for various situations. It can help ADHD kids 'settle' their focus. Maybe it can help the screen from being too busy for you.

    If you want to be on the computer. I'm just missing you and being selfish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hate to hear of your pain...hope something works out for you soon.

    As for the computer screen, get some sheets of different colored transparent plastic (like folder dividers). Just cover the screen with the sheet and see if one of the colors will work for you. We use this occasionally in the classroom for various situations. It can help ADHD kids 'settle' their focus. Maybe it can help the screen from being too busy for you.

    If you want to be on the computer. I'm just missing you and being selfish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs. Who and I wonder about you often. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well - and dearly hope that all gets straightened out for you soon! We miss hearing from you, but understand fully your absence from the cyber scene. You and your family are continually in our thoughts and prayers. Be well, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see that you are back. I don't have back problems, but my Mom does and it is not fun for her. Hope that you get some releif!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your back problems, and I hope you get better soon. Meanwhile, maybe I'll try Mrs. Who's suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was wondering where you went. Glad to hear you've been out enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all the good thoughts. Still playing catch up but definitely ready to seize the day.

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.