28 November 2009

A Father Who Only Has Daughters To Torture...

Danielle said to me yesterday that I never get these conversations just right, so I asked her if she had a photographic memory? Believe me, they are not as humorous as if you were actually there but I do try my best....  I also think it's a perfect example of how different people and can hear/see/experience the same thing and come out with totally different impressions.

Anyway, I don't remember what sparked off the following conversation but we were driving up in New Hampshire after visiting my sister-in-law. We were heading to Maine to pick up Rachel and Erin who were at their cousin's house. Just to fully set the stage, so to speak, we had Nicole and Danielle in the back of the van with the husband and I.
Nicole, "Mom can't wait to go into menopause."
Me, "I never said that!"

Nicole, "You don't like having your period."

Me, "That doesn't mean I can't wait to go into menopause!"

The Husband, (Who you know is not going to keep quiet...) "I don't know of any woman who says 'I can't wait til the next time I can bleed for a week!'"

From the back seat.... "Dad!"
And since he can't resist teasing them...
Husband, "I don't know anyone who would say 'I can't wait to be in a raging hormonal mood for a week!'"
Groans from the back seat....
Husband, "I just can't wait to wear belted flotation devices!" (Note to the husband, pads now have a sticky side and even wings!!!!)
Groans now coming from all over the van...
Husband, "I just can't wait to gain weight, feel bloated and be able to say...'Does my butt look good in these jeans?' No, they don't!"

Husband, "Or maybe.... 'Hey my period started.... I'm not pregnant! Just love when I can be sure of that!'"
By this time, the girls and I are laughing so hard.
Nicole had to start begging, "Dad! Please stop it! I really have to go to the bathroom!"

Husband, "Well, at least you girls won't have to worry about the last one.... I'm having you all fitted for chastity belts."
Heh!
QOTD: "I'm trying very hard to understand this generation. They have adjusted the timetable for childbearing so that menopause and teaching a sixteen-year-old how to drive a car will occur in the same week." Erma Bombeck (1927-1996) Humorist

5 comments:

  1. LOL! Too bad I have three sons...my daughter and I can drive them from a room talking about such stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gracious of you all to let him live. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband RARELY gets embarrassed about anything. We are lucky that we can call him up and ask him to bring home feminine products and he does it without batting an eye. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL.... Your husband is a gem and a keeper too. God help any man the girls marry they won't know what hit them. Not many around who can take the feminine side of nature good naturedly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.