05 December 2009

Reindeer Games...

The kids and I were sitting at the kitchen table, eating Dunkin Doughnuts and Hot Apple Cider and talking about Christmas songs.
Erin singing, "You know Dasher and Dancer and Comet and Cupid....Mom, how does it go again?"

Me, "No singing at the table." (Especially with a mouth full of glazed blueberry cake doughnut!)

Rachel, "Mom, when Rudolph wasn't allowed to play any Reindeer games, did they mean Monopoly?"

Me, *Blink*

Rachel, "You know, the game he wasn't allowed to play?"

Me, "No, I don't think it was Monopoly...." (I'm thinking to myself that maybe it should have been Twister.... Imagine..."Right front hoof on red. Left back hoof on blue. Dancer, you skewered me with your horns again!")
QOTD: "I think there should be something in science called the 'reindeer effect.' I don't know what it would be, but I think it'd be good to hear someone say, 'Gentlemen, what we have here is a terrifying example of the reindeer effect.'" Jack Handy - American Writer and cast member of Saturday Night Live from 1991-2003.

1 comment:

  1. Lemon Stand's daughter ErinDecember 24, 2009 at 7:20 PM

    That's what you were imanganing Mom?

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.