13 January 2010

Fighting Like Cats And Dogs... Not!

Back when my mother had to have knee replacement surgery, I posted the following.  I am working on a new post but just in case I can't finish tweaking it today... here's a humorous mental picture for you to enjoy.   :o)

Have I mentioned my mother has a dog? A Pembroke Welsh Corgi who is so sweet. Fairly small. So quiet, So afraid of his own shadow. My sisters could not take care of him while my mother is not at home so we have him at our house....with four VERY unimpressed cats.

We have discovered that we have raised four bully cats who pick on this poor dog CONSTANTLY! They chase him into a corner and won't let him out. They gang up on him! We put him in his kennel at night... not so he won't get out, but to keep the cats from picking on him.

While in his kennel, one of the cats will lay on top, another will clean her paws in front of the grate door, a third with sit a little ways away with his hackles raised. The fourth goes and eats his food.

In the morning, he won't come out unless Danielle coaxes him out.

He gets along great with the kids. If my husband or I have to run errands...he comes with us. He doesn't bark but will hide behind one of us or the kids if he sees the cats.

My husband has sworn he's seen the cats making "Puppy Go Home!" signs.

We took the whole crew to NH yesterday to see my mom and help my sister refit parts of her house so as to make it easier for my mom to get around when she comes home. We took the dog with us and left the cats at home and I swear that as we were pulling out of the driveway we could see the cats giving each other the 'high five' and breaking out the bubbly and party supplies! They were so disgruntled when we brought the dog home with us last night! (Nice try guys!)
QOTD: “When my cats aren't happy, I'm not happy. Not because I care about their mood but because I know they're just sitting there thinking up ways to get even.”  Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792-1822) English Poet
PS to my sister Suzanne - “People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life”  :O)

1 comment:

  1. That is a TERRIFIC story! I once had a cat named co-co-puff and she was the toughest cat on the block! The neighbors dogs were scared of her, and rightfully so!

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.