15 February 2010

Is Your Glass Half Full Or Half Empty?

I just read a post that blew me away.  I think that it hit a little too close to home for me.  No.  I was not raised in a cult.  Nor was I physically abused when I was growing up.  But I did have an alcoholic father, an autistic sister and the whole hand me down clothes and free meals during my elementary school years.  The saying that kids can be cruel is true.  I lived it.  I get it.  But as I read this post I realized that I CAN say that something positive came out of all of it.  It put a whole new perspective on celebrating commercial holidays like Valentine's Day, Easter and Christmas.  Go read Whiskey in My Sippy Cup : Surviving Parenting.  Kind of.  The story of why she helps her kids write out every Valentine card is at the same time heartwarming and heartbreaking.  Is your glass half full or half empty? 

3 comments:

  1. Depends on the day :) This energizer bunny is tired.... it keeps going and going and....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am flattered by your kind words. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Lady - You are most welcome. And thank you for helping me see something positive and good. The world needs more of this kind of 'Aha' moment.

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.