04 August 2010

My Happy Place...

You cannot imagine what paradise looks like until you've been to my 'Happy Place'...



All of these pictures were taken last week.  Not all of them were by me.  In fact, the picture above was taken by my daughter Nina.  I had taken a lot of pictures of the different hammocks but I loved this picture.  


 Rachel (airborne) and her cousins celebrated their arrival (taken by Nina)


and their stay in many different ways. (taken by Rachel)


It didn't matter if it was dawn (taken by Nina)


or dusk, (taken by Rachel)


night (taken by Rachel)


or day, (taken by me)


rain (taken by Rachel)


or shine, (taken by me)


there is no place on earth as beautiful (taken by me)




 or peaceful.  (taken by me)


It's mystery never fails to impress and stun the senses. (taken by Nina)


 There was nowhere I could look without something magical (taken by me)


and amazing to see. (taken by me)


You can not leave this place and not feel the change that it makes within you. (taken by me)


Despite the fact that I took more than 700 pictures in one day, it would be impossible for me to show or express the wonder I was blessed to be able to see.  My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are the most amazing and generous people I have ever known to have shared what is really their special place.  There could never be a way that I could ever express or show my appreciation for such a gift given to my family to experience.  I am so thankful that I could bring my 'Happy Place' home with me.  


The day before I left I earned a sunburn (hence the delay in this post) that was well worth the price of almost all of the pictures I took.  The following is a picture my husband took as I headed back to the dock for the last time. 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! A place like that, with people you love, is a balm for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bette - 'A balm for the soul.' That is a perfect description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A woman after my own heart. It made me smile to look at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.