06 February 2013

No. I am not lazy, I am just very protective of my seat...

I'm going to have to work really hard to stay focused and actually get something done today. I have a very long list that keeps getting longer. 

Note to self: Some kids today, "Instead of doing my homework; I like to stay on the computer and worry about how much homework I have to do." In all fairness I must to admit it is WAY too easy to waste an entire morning or even day on a computer, which is fine if you are getting paid to do it, but that is not a likely scenario. As an adult I should have more self control to focus on more Important things. In the words of Gloria Pitzer (we would have gotten along famously), “Procrastination is my sin. It brings me naught but sorrow. I know that I should stop it. In fact, I will--tomorrow”

Stray thought for the day...  I'm not having much luck at that whole self control thing this morning.  Do you know? I think I could really be a morning person... If morning happened to be around noon. Sigh

I have a house to clean and it's probably a very good thing that we don't have cable TV... because then I could sit down and watch Hoarders and not feel quite so inadequate. 

I have clothes to wash, dry and fold but although we are firmly entrenched in the 21st century, there is still no FOLD button on our dryer.

At the moment? All I really want to do is go back to sleep.  Although I also must admit that having had a dream about past English teachers last night almost makes me rethink the whole going back to bed thing... ALMOST. 

I know this is going to sound... well odd, but whenever I think of laziness I think of The Dead Poets Society. There is a point in the story in which the new English teacher tries to convince his all male student class body that an English essay homework assignment did not have to be akin to a death sentence. 
“So avoid using the word ‘very’ because it’s lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don’t use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women - and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do. It also won’t do in your essays.” N. H. Kleinbaum, Dead Poets Society
I know I just have to find the right motivation as I can not use a cattle prod as an incentive to my backside. I'm too old to do a pretzel impersonations.

And I truly hope none of my past English teachers ever have the opportunity to read any post I have written on my blog, but just in case one should ever chance upon it?  I just want it to go down on record that I publicly exonerate you from any and all blame.  I had wonderful English teachers who really did teach me the correct use of the written English language.  The sentence structure and punctuation found amongst most of my posts would have earned me an 'F' (and a lecture) should I have ever had the lack of intelligence to hand in any assignment riddled with these flaws with them.  

I know this.  I want to make sure anyone else chancing upon my blog is aware that it's purely because I'm lazy (ok, I'll admit it) and not some maladjusted academic failure.  

Honest.  I'm just lazy.  

Look at the mess I have made of this post thus far.   Now that I think about this, if you had ever been my English teacher, you would already be extensively acquainted with my educational shortcomings. It is also possible, given my age, that a few of those English teachers may be rolling in their graves at my egregious annihilation of the written word... but may I point out that I do know what a real dictionary and thesaurus looks like and even how to use them without the help of Google.  So I guess it's all good... feel free to ignore this post and carry on...

Quote of the day: "Lazy is a very strong word. I like to call it 'selective participation'"

(In the interest of complete attribution, picture above came from uberhumor.com, and I'm not as witty today as I should be and so I stole borrowed quotations which had unknown authors, unless the owner is cited)

2 comments:

  1. The only good English teacher unfortunately passed away in his 40's from cancer when I was in univ. The rest didn't like aspie literalness - although that didn't exist at the time - but my engineering profs appreciated it. I am a morning person, just not the rest of the day one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree whole-heartedly!
    LOL

    In other news- I love Dead Poet's Society. Highly underrated, that movie is.

    And yes, annihilating the written word is the word of the day!
    Carry on!

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.