09 November 2010

You Made A Difference Award - Mr Lady And Her Un-Named Teachers...

By nature, I am a dyed in the wool pessimist so I really have to work hard to see the positive in just about everything.  My husband, is a dyed in the wool optimist who has to work hard to keep his mouth shut so as not to get stabbed by his own dry wit.  

I've also discovered it's hard to remember positive things when you're doggy paddling in a pond of manure... unless, of course, my husband happened to be in that manure pond with me, because I'll warn you now, I absolutely can not think positively while dodging or throwing cow patties.  In all honesty, my memory is as bad as the smell of dirty, wet gym socks... that have been left to ripen for an entire year in the bottom of some teenage boys gym locker... on top of a dead fish... so remembering things is not real high up on my list of life skills.  Still, the inspiration for me to start collecting blessings, anyone's blessings, by writing them down all started with a single post by Mr Lady about how a couple of teachers made a difference in her life. It was what originally got me thinking about how many lives we touch and change knowingly and unknowingly.

I have to admit that I don't get to read her blog as often as I would like, but I originally thought that anyone who could name their blog 'Whiskey In My Sippy Cup' had to have some humorous potential. And so it was that my first foray into her blog world was an obviously memorable one. Later adventures in reading her posts made me aware that she really needed a warning label in big bold letters at the top of her blog cautioning the unwary reader that eating or drinking while reading her posts could potentially end badly.

Although the title of the post I'm referring to is 'How To Turn a Blog Comment Into A Very Long Blog Post', she tells the story of how one teacher in her youth made a difference to her for one of her birthdays and why another teacher's kindness around Valentine's Day influences her today to sit with her kids every year, to help them make sure ALL of their classmates get a Valentine.
Mr. Lady, Bill Cosby once said, "Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it." I'm absolutely sure your life is not a laugh-riot all the time, but you have found laughter and your humor obviously effects those you knowingly or unknowingly come into contact with.

Your blog is not, shall we say, 'family-friendly' like mine has to be, but I am so glad I have had the pleasure of sharing in your laughter.  Your humor is as much of a talent as your ability to be superlatively (and humorously) articulate. Believe me, nobody will ever have a problem getting a mental picture with your incredibly descriptive talent with the English language.  As for your Un-Named Teachers, it is my hope that there were many people over the years who often told them how very special they were/are. 

Thank You Mr. Lady and your Un-Named Teachers.  You have all made a difference and have brought color to those whom you have touched.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, jeez, that is really just so nice. Thank you. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Lady - You are so very welcome. I truly hope you heal fast and feel better soon. I'll be happy to go back to lurking on your blog when you feel up to posting. It gives me that healing laughter that I need some days.

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.