10 May 2010

Please Tell Me I'm Just Dreaming That It's Monday...

Huh.  Since it really is Monday and I'm already out of bed.  And dressed.  (with socks that actually match each other... that's really amazing for me on a Monday) I decided to finish the post I've been working on... most of the weekend.  Guess my muse is working the same schedule as the US Senate and House of Representatives.  (In other words, vacations interrupted occasionally for actual work) 

For some reason this post just doesn't seem to want to come out right.  I really wanted to chuck it as a lost cause but because my last post was about not giving up, I figure it would be bad karma to quit now.  Since I needed a little inspiration, I went in search of my favorite quote by Thomas Edison and instead found a treasure trove of amazing quotes by this man.  I've always pictured him as a mad professor type or perhaps a close kin of Albert Einstein complete with hair sticking out of his head in every direction.  Apparently I was very wrong to think he had only one really good quote worthy of remembrance (and he actually doesn't look like he stuck his finger in a light socket!)  Nay, I have discovered he actually has a prodigious amount of quotes worthy of reading (as well as being meticulously well groomed in the pictures I saw this morning).

So since it's Monday and I'm determined to still work on my previously aforementioned post, for the moment I'll give you the same shot of energy (with nary a coffee cup in sight), that I found this morning to start your week off right, too.  (The first one is my favorite one to remember when I am frustrated about something that is not working right but the second... and third are also pretty good.)  Have a great day!
"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
"There's a better way to do it. Find it."

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work."

"Everything comes to him that hustles while he waits."

"I have more respect for the fellow with a single idea who gets there than for the fellow with a thousand ideas who does nothing."

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."

"There is no substitute for hard work."

"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration."

"From his neck down, a man is worth a couple of dollars a day. From his neck up, he is worth anything that his brain can produce."

"The world owes nothing to any man, but every man owes something to the world."

"The thing with which I lose patience most is the clock. Its hands move too fast."

"I would like to live about three hundred years. I think I have ideas enough to keep me busy that long."

"If I were a school teacher, I would put lazy pupils to studying bees and ants. They would soon learn to be diligent."

"The only time I become discouraged is when I think of all the things I like to do and the little time I have in which to do them."

"We don't know one millionth of one percent about anything."
"A man is as happy as his feet and his stomach."

~ Thomas Edison

3 comments:

  1. I love the fourth one!!!!!!! That man had some profound gems up his sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the overalls quote! I'm going to use that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or "what do you mean patience is a virtue"... me still waiting... I hate waiting...

    ReplyDelete

Contents from normal neural synapsis goes here....
Should unnatural neural synapsis occur? Take one cherry chocolate Hershey Kiss and carry on.
Should NO neural synapsis occur? Take two full strength chocolate Hershey Kisses and
try again in the morning.